|Cities or towns more than 5,000 people||$500|
| Cities or towns less than 5,000 people||$250|
|Townships less than 10,000 people||$250|
|Townships more than 10,000 people||$1,000|
Your organizational membership in the McHenry County Historical Society is always welcomed and appreciated! Besides the knowledge that you are joining collective efforts to shape our county's future without forgetting its past, membership benefits include the following:Free admission to the McHenry County Historical Museum in Union, named Small Institution of the Year in 1998 by the Illinois Association of Museums
• Free use of the Research Library
• Subscriptions to our local history quarterly, the Tracer, and Society's Page, published several times a year
• Reduced rates for special programs
• Access to exclusive members-only events
• Business memberships receive free family passes to the Museum
• Benefits for municipalities and townships: A free admission day to the museum for people living within those jurisdictions. Also, museum tours and programs in the one-room West Harmony school are free to visiting students who live within the boundaries of member townships and/or municipalities. Without a membership connection, there is a $3 charge per person to help defray expenses. While this charge has remained frozen for many years, it is an added expense to school districts – beyond transportation costs.
The Society also offers memberships for Individuals and Families.